Sunday, October 03, 2004

Can We Be Together With Another Unequal Yolk?

-=[3rd October 2004, Sunday]=-
Feeling: pondering; venue: homey

After Sammy boy's ktv, went down to Paya Lebar Singpost food court to meet up with another old buddy, Yexiang. It was a nice chat with an old friend. We meet up only like once every year? Asked him about his christian walk and stuffs. He asked me vice versa. We laughed, chatted, discussed. I asked about his China gf. He was amazed that I remembered coz it was like.... 3-4yrs back? I laughed. Why not? He is my buddy what!! Buddy for 6 whole years le leh!! Then he told me about his mistake, about he making the other girl cry etc. Aawwwww... at least he knows that it is wrong so not that bad lah. He is still the same him. Always have a weakness and is very attracted by pretty gals 1st. Hahaha.

Then we touched on the topic of being together with an unequal yolk. He totally disagreed about being with an unequal yolk, whereas for me I beg to differ. He said that the bible mentioned straight that we should not be with unequal yolk. Told him about the experiences that Magdeline had shared with me. She had shared with me about how her conviction was, when she was with an unequal yolk, and SueLynn's conviction when she is with Yang Peng. In fact she is getting married with Yang Peng in coming November. I believe that it is GOD's will that Magdeline was not meant to be with the other guy but Ryan. And for Suelynn, Yang Peng is already softening, and by faith we know that he will also get saved soon. This can be GOD's will too! 'When one is saved in the household, the entire household will be saved. Amen~' I believe that it is all dependent on the person's personal conviction and personal walk with GOD and of coz, GOD's will loh.

Magdeline had gotten together with the other guy when she was already saved. She felt convicted in her. Its like the more she prayed about it, the more uncomfortable and convicted she felt. Thus she finally broke off with the guy and went on a 2 year vow to remain single. Yada yada~ and the story goes on, she is now married with Ryan, another faithful servant of GOD. SueLynn and Yang Peng were together since their university days. During then, she wasn't that much in Christianity. But they have been together for so long le. Now that she is much closer to GOD, she still does not have that kind of conviction. And the fact that Yang Peng is softening and is even attending cell group together with SueLynn at times, doesn't that shows something?

Anyway, to each his own. I still believe it's the personal conviction one has with GOD. Equal yolk or not, it depends on both parties. I shared with him something that Magdeline had said, and that few words that she spoke suddenly hit upon me so strongly now.

"Before we enter a relationship, we must 1st love ourselves. It is only when we are capable of loving ourselves, then we can offer the same love to the other party. We do not enter a relationship because we are empty and need that love. Because in this case, we will only recieve, and do not give. We will keep wanting to recieve love, but yet incapable of giving out the same love to the other person."

If we are only capable of recieiving but not giving, then what love is there? Love is sacrificial. Love is never selfish. How then can we say 'love' when we are only selfish, keep wanting to recieve but never to give?

xia0miLk scribbled at 10:29 pm.

Comments: Post a Comment


Archives++November 2003April 2004June 2004July 2004August 2004September 2004October 2004December 2004January 2005March 2005May 2005February 2006
THANK YOU LORD JESUS..
Dear Lord Jesus, THANK YOU for coming into my life, for saving me by YOUR GRACE, for loving me so infinitely, for bringing Joy into my life, for helping me in those trials and tribulations, comforting me when i am down, filling me up when i am empty. THANK YOU for all the blessings that you have showered into into my life in all forms and ways, the angels that you had sent into my life in all forms and relations(my family, students, #A-I frens, ncc frens, church friends, the DYSFUNKSHION peeps, my polytechnic pals and any other friends who have made a significant pact in my life). Dear Jesus, there are simply too many things for me to thank you about that i cant find the proper words to do so. But Lord, you know my heart :) Last but not least, THANK YOU FOR DYING ON THE CROSS FOR ME. THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING. I LOVE YOU MY LORD AND GOD. Amen.
..::[About Me]::..
Anna Hee. 26th October. Singapore. Chinese. City-harvester. W185. Jaded. naive. simple-minded. docile. submissive. quick-tempered. quick to cool down. bad-tempered. stubborn. emotional. hurts easily. harmless. petite. peaceful. warm. passionate. loving. smiles 24/7. cheeky. playful. gets amuses easily. laughs easily. cry easily. fickle-minded. Loves GOD.babies.nature.crapping around.wasting time.red and pink colour.driving around leisurely.dogs.red roses.precious moments. Issey Miyake.Louis Vuitton. Hates drugs. Fears rats.mouse.lizards.heights.
..::[Reads]::..
RickO didi. Azli. Vocalwerkz. levistud. tanneddreamer. Liyingx. John. Zion. Sasa wOman